Metascreen® is a trademark or registered trademark of Cordlife Group Limited, a Singapore Exchange Mainboard listed company. The screening test offered under the brand is conducted by Cordlife (Hong Kong) Ltd., laboratory committed to providing early and accurate detection of metabolic disorders in newborn babies. Cordlife (Hong Kong) Ltd. has a quality management system in place to ensure maximum accuracy of screening results. As with any laboratory tests, false positive or false negative results cannot be completely eliminated due to various reasons including but not limited to age of patient at the time of specimen collection, patient’s health status, specimen quality and other variables. Hence, the risk of a disorder should never be precluded solely on the basis of screening. Signs or symptoms observed should be followed up immediately by a professional healthcare provider.
1) Evaluation of the 18-month "Pilot Study of Newborn Screening for Inborn Errors of Metabolism" in Hong Kong. HK J Paediatric (New Series). 2020;25:16-22
2) Michael J. Laboratory Medicine Practice Guidelines. Follow-up Testing for Metabolic Diseases Identified by Expanded Newborn Screening Using Tandem Mass Spectrometry. The National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. 2009
3) Based on internal data, as of June 2020.
4) D. Matern, K. Raymond, S. Tortorelli, et al. Improving NBS Performance: The Mayo Clinic Experience Report.
5) Inborn Errors Of Metabolism (IEM). MyHealthh Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia Website. http://www.myhealth.gov.my/en/inborn-errors-of-metabolism/. Accessed April 2020.